I use the word “crusade” advisedly, as in the wikileaks definition: “religious expeditionary war.”
This is an astonishing piece. Both that “total war on Islam” has, until very recently, been taught to leaders in the U.S. military, and that this abomination in our name is now coming to light.
It may be that not until we, as Americans, consciously come to terms with and atone for the fact that our military dropped the Bomb on Japanese cities — twice! — to end World War II, we will be condemned to repeat that horror, over and over and over again.
Likewise, we must atone for our original genocide of — and continuing discrimination against — Native Americans.
And for our ever-arising fear of, and mutating strategies to snuff the life out of, Afro-Americans. First slavery, then no civil rights, now massive imprisonment.
The original wound will just keep supporating, until it is finally exposed to the light and allowed to heal.
And, it may be that all nation-states are built on the conscious or unconscious perfidy of their founders. That our collective dis-ease lies with the artificial notion of the nation-state itself.
Recall what our astronauts discovered:
I really believe that if the political leaders of the world could see their planet from a distance of 100,000 miles their outlook could be fundamentally changed. That all-important border would be invisible, that noisy argument silenced. The tiny globe would continue to turn, serenely ignoring its subdivisions, presenting a unified façade that would cry out for unified understanding, for homogeneous treatment. The earth must become as it appears: blue and white, not capitalist or Communist; blue and white, not rich or poor; blue and white, not envious or envied.
— Michael Collins, Gemini 10 & Apollo 11 astronaut, Carrying the Fire: An Astronauts Journeys, 1974.
You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, “Look at that, you son of a bitch.”
— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut, People magazine, 8 April 1974.
The first day or so we all pointed to our countries. The third or fourth day we were pointing to our continents. By the fifth day, we were aware of only one Earth.
— Sultan bin Salman Al-Saud
“Taking war to a civilian population wherever necessary”
May 10. 2012
The U.S. military has been teaching its future leaders that a “total war” against the world’s 1.4 billion Muslims will be necessary to protect America from terrorists, according to documents released today in a stunning story in Wired’s Danger Room.
A cartoon included in the Joint Staff Forces College presentation on “Jihad: Defined and Operationalized” contains a number of ugly stereotypes. Hundreds of US military officers have enrolled in the course on Islamic radicalism since it was first offered four years ago at the Defense Department’s Joint Forces Staff College in Norfolk, Virginia.
Among the other chilling assertions inthe documents:
- advocating “total war” against the world’s Muslims
- “taking war to a civilian population wherever necessary”
- using the lessons of “Hiroshima” to wipe out whole cities at once
- applying “the historical precedents of Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki” to Islam’s holiest cities, and bringing about “Mecca and Medina[‘s] destruction.”
- “By conservative estimates,” 10 percent of the world’s Muslims, “a staggering 140 million people … hate everything you stand for and will never coexist with you, unless you submit” to Islam
- International laws protecting civilians in wartime are “no longer relevant”
“We have now come to understand that there is no such thing as ‘moderate Islam,’” a July 2011 presentation states. “It is therefore time for the United States to make our true intentions clear. This barbaric ideology will no longer be tolerated. Islam must change or we will facilitate its self-destruction.”
The class, led by Army Lt. Col. Matthew A. Dooley, was cancelled last month, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff recently ordered the military to reexamine training material to be sure no similar content exists. Lt. Col. Dooley, still holds his position at the Joint Forces Staff College.
* * *
Wired’s Danger Room reports:
The course, first reported by Danger Room last month and held at the Defense Department’s Joint Forces Staff College, has since been canceled by the Pentagon brass. It’s only now, however, that the details of the class have come to light. Danger Room received hundreds of pages of course material and reference documents from a source familiar with the contents of the class.
The commanders, lieutenant colonels, captains and colonels who sat in Dooley’s classroom, listening to the inflammatory material week after week, have now moved into higher-level assignments throughout the U.S. military.[…] the officer who delivered the lectures, Army Lt. Col. Matthew A. Dooley, still maintains his position at the Norfolk, Virginia college, pending an investigation. The commanders, lieutenant colonels, captains and colonels who sat in Dooley’s classroom, listening to the inflammatory material week after week, have now moved into higher-level assignments throughout the U.S. military.
For the better part of the last decade, a small cabal of self-anointed counterterrorism experts has been working its way through the U.S. military, intelligence and law enforcement communities, trying to convince whoever it could that America’s real terrorist enemy wasn’t al-Qaida — but the Islamic faith itself. In his course, Dooley brought in these anti-Muslim demagogues as guest lecturers. And he took their argument to its final, ugly conclusion.
“We have now come to understand that there is no such thing as ‘moderate Islam,’” Dooley noted in a July 2011 presentation (.pdf), which concluded with a suggested manifesto to America’s enemies. “It is therefore time for the United States to make our true intentions clear. This barbaric ideology will no longer be tolerated. Islam must change or we will facilitate its self-destruction.”
International laws protecting civilians in wartime are “no longer relevant,” Dooley continues. And that opens the possibility of applying “the historical precedents of Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki” to Islam’s holiest cities, and bringing about “Mecca and Medina[‘s] destruction.”
Dooley’s ideological allies have repeatedly stated that “mainstream” Muslims are dangerous, because they’re “violent” by nature. Yet only a few of al-Qaida’s most twisted fanatics were ever caught musing about wiping out entire cities.
“Some of these actions offered for consideration here will not be seen as ‘political correct’ in the eyes of many,” Dooley adds. “Ultimately, we can do very little in the West to decide this matter, short of waging total war.”
* * *
Among the class materials:
Former FBI employee John Guandolo’s action items (.pdf) for US military officers on what they can do to in their own communities to fight the “enemy.”
What Can You Do
- Educate yourselves about the true nature of the threat.
- Assign someone within your group to do a deep dive on this so you begin developing an internal expert on this material.
- Study the “Usual Responses” document.
- Begin sharing this information with close friends and selected others individually. Then in very small groups. Learn from these encounters, and encourage them to challenge you.
- Study Insurgencies and Counterinsurgencies. Understand that LOCAL POLICE are the tip of the spear, and this problem will be solved by citizens at the LOCAL level.
- Know the ideological literature when you see it (Qutb, Maududi, etc). Possession of this material may change the threshold for “reasonable suspicion” and “probable cause” for law enforcement.
- Identify key individuals in your community who are likely to be open to listening to this information. Prepare yourself. Practice. Give the presentation. Encourage them. Follow up.
- Identify key Muslim Brothers and MB organizations in your community.
- Develop a small group of like-minded patriots who have studied and understand the threat. Strategize to regain control of your community.
- Do NOT over-organize. Think like the enemy. Be fluid.
- Do not discuss your strategy publicly.
- Know your allies.
- Consider joining a grassroots organization – locally and nationally (ACT! For America for instance).
- Those in the community who are assisting the enemy (wittingly or unwittingly) should be exposed. This can be done in a number of ways. Consider spending time recruiting/educating a member of the local media – especially a young, aggressive reporter from the local paper.
- Put the heat on those elected officials helping the enemy. Be aggressive. Take a crowd to a city council meeting and demand action. This is one tactic that works.
- Push back at every turn. Do not allow any compliance with Shari’ah at any level.
- Study the foundational principles of America, the Declaration and the Constitution. We must know the enemy AND we must know ourselves.
- Create an education campaign for the community that stresses TRUTH and FACTS.
- Engage your local police department and city attorney on this issue. When speaking with attorneys ensure you keep your language focused on Islamic LAW and that it is diametrically opposed to Article 6 of the US Constitution.
- Engage leaders of local churches and synagogues.
- Initiate a relationship with a key member of your local town council, your state representative/senator, and your US Congressmen and Senators. Go slowly. Don’t give them the entire block of information in one sitting. Ask them the questions – act concerned not over-the-top. Remain objective and UNEMOTIONAL. Be consistent.
- Speak to the leadership of your state National Guard about the Islamic Movement.
- Learn what is going on at the Islamic Schools and Mosques in your community. Request to see the teaching materials.
- Attend functions at the local college when someone speaks truthfully about Islam and observe the reaction.
- Go to the local mosques and ask them if you can speak at Friday prayers and share the Gospel with the attendees.
- Engage your local FBI Field Office and ask them about the amount of training they receive on the Muslim Brotherhood, Islamic Doctrine, and the Islamic Movement in the U.S. and across the globe.
- Know that if you are effective, there will be push back from the other side – the MB. Have a TEAM assembled. Don’t go it alone. Remember to target the good guys who are helping the bad guys first. If ‘you go after a Muslim Brother to create a public issue, get help from someone with a deep level of knowledge on this and plan well. The MB has an entire machine ready to pounce on you. Don’t give them the opportunity.
- Remember – we are at war. Act like it. You are part of a resistance movement, not a social club.
# # #