Nice! Thanks to 2012predictions.net.
As the 2012 phenomenon spreads through the global consciousness, strengthened by a steady stream of internet articles, books, videos and films, many people are getting anxious and fearful. Emails to 2012predictions.net say:
- How do I know what to believe?
- Please tell me what will happen?
- How can I survive 2012?
- What is the truth about 2012?
Anyone who has spent even a small amount of time browsing this site will realise that the predictions about 2012 are myriad and contradictory. Unless we operate at the quantum level, or there is a dimensional split, they cannot all be right. But of course that is always a possibility.
Essentially, each prediction contains an element of one of the following options:
Something negative will happen:
- The world will end and we will all be killed
- There will be a disaster (take your pick from anything from floods to solar flares to killer planets) and those who are prepared will survive
- There will be a disaster (as above) and only those who believe in …. (take your pick from a number of gods and ideologies) will survive
Something positive will happen:
- There will be a change of consciousness or a better spiritual state which will happen to everyone
- There will be a change in consciousness or a better spiritual state for those who are prepared
- There will be a change in consciousness of a better spiritual state for those who believe in … (whatever)
Nothing will happen:
Or at least nothing out of the ordinary will happen. I have not yet come across a theory that predicts just “nothingness”.
Over time many events, both natural and man-made, have occurred in many different places – awe-inspiring, horrific, miraculous, tragic or sublime – humans have lived and died through them all. 2012 could be no less or no more than other year in history.
The powers behind all this are also many and various:
- Extraterrestrials – some benign, some not
- The universe
- God or gods, or messengers from God
- Gaia (nature or earth)
- Humans – some working for good, some working for evil, some working for a global new order or working as part of a global conspiracy
- Combinations of any of the above
How can we make sense of this? Each different theory or combination of theories will make more sense to different individuals depending on their culture, their personality, their genetics, upbringing, life events etc. What makes “sense” to me will not necessarily make “sense” to you – we are seeing things through different frameworks. Some of us will see the positive, some the negative. For others it will not matter one way or the other.
Dealing with the negative
This article is aimed mainly at those who are seeing 2012 in a negative way and are seeking reassurance. Some will be people who often see situations in a negative way; for others, this will be the first time they have had to deal with an unknown fear – and this in itself can be frightening as we wonder what is happening to us.
Fear, like every emotion, is not good or bad in itself. Used in the right way and balanced against other emotions, it helps us avoid taking unnecessary risks and warns us of dangerous situations. If it gets out of balance, it can take over our lives and prevent us fulfilling our true potential. The best way to counteract an over fearful attitude is to face the fear and to balance it with positive action.
How to approach 2012
I am not speaking here to those who have already made up their minds to find somewhere or somehow they can survive potential disaster, (positively challenged by a negative issue) or who are working on a programme of broadening their consciousness or spirituality (positively challenged by a positive issue). You know where you are going. This is for those who do not know what to do or what to believe.
I give this suggestion without reference to any particular religion or creed, but it is at the heart of most of them. Put simply:
Follow a good life now, live your life day by day and make the most of every single day you are alive; help others where you can and keep an open mind about where you – and they – have come from and are going to.
When 2012 arrives, you will have travelled a road which has both strengthened you against adversity and increased your spiritual store – you will be a better person and the world around you will be a better place. Perhaps simply by doing this we can bring about a positive change. Perhaps 2012 will be no worse or no better than any other year, but you will have journeyed to it better equipped to cope with whatever happens.